Product Care Guidance
It’s important to get into a good routine with your hair extensions from the start, so your hair extensions can last as long as possible
1. Brush your extensions with care using a wide-tooth comb. Be sure to wait until they are at least 90% dry before brushing. Start from the bottom of the hair and work your way up.
*Also, if you have no-fix extensions, be sure to brush them before storing.When storing your extensions, it’s essential that they are DRY and kept in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight. We recommend lightly tying the extensions together with a scrunchie and putting them in your Lotus bag.
2. When washing your hair extensions, go for products that will help lock moisture in, as your extensions don’t receive the same natural oils your own hair does. We highly recommend applying a moisturizing hair mask, like the one we have, twice a week, as well as after going to the beach or pool.
3. Avoid products that have parabens, sulfates, formaldehyde, and alcohols such as propanol, SD, isopropyl, and ethyl alcohol. These will dry out the hair which can lead to more shedding.
4. Overwashing leads to a shorter lifespan. If you have fix hair extensions, we recommend washing them 1-2 times a week. If you have no-fix hair extensions, we recommend you wash them 1-2 times a month so that they will last as long as possible.
5. Using heat on your hair is ok, as they are 100% Human Remy hair. However, the less you do it, the longer your extensions will last. If you are someone who likes to heat style your hair, don’t forget to apply our heat protector in order to prevent damage.
6. Lastly, avoid using too many products on your hair extensions in general. The more products you use (such as hairsprays, gels, etc.), the more you will have to wash them. However, we recommend that you use our Gold Argan Serum as a final touch - it protects hair and prevents dryness, as well as leaves it looking sleek and shiny!